RB-57D Canberra

The RB-57D was the first of the “big wing” reconnaissance Canberras for the USAF, with a greatly enlarged, lightweight wing and J57 engines in place of the bomber model’s J65.

First flown in November 1955, some twenty examples were built – the basic subvariants were fitted for photo recon, with some being capable of refueling in the air. There was a single D-1 with side-looking radar, and six D-2 two-seater ELINT versions.

Martin RB-57D Canberra spyplane at NMUSAF

Lockheed U-2